LOS ANGELES Students say school shooting was an accident

Girl arrested in Los Angeles school shooting 15-yr-old boy in critical condition 15-yr-old girl fair condition

A girl believed to be 12 years old accidentally opened fire Thursday in a middle school classroom, critically wounding one classmate and injuring three others, authorities said. A 30-year-old woman also was injured, though she was not shot.

Television footage has shown police leading a girl away from the school in Los Angeles after they were called to reports of gunshots in a classroom shortly before 9am. "It's still under investigation, still fluid".

The victims, a boy and girl, are both 15 years old, police said.

Mayor Eric Garcetti said at the scene it was unclear if the shooting was intentional or accidental.

Ms Anzueto said there were no metal detectors at the school.

More than 33,000 people die annually in the United States from gun-related deaths - two thirds of them suicides - according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

"Not safe, not safe, very insecure", she said.

The two students who were shot are expected to survive, Sgt. Julie Spry, a Los Angeles School Police Department spokesperson, confirmed to CBS Los Angeles. About 365 students attend grades 6-8 on the campus. "I assure you if we find out it came from an adult from a home that the proper prosecutorial procedures will occur".

San Juan mayor: Trump's words on Puerto Rico are 'utter hypocrisy'
Almost six months after Hurricane Maria battered the US territory, some places on the island still lack power and potable water. Ending that aid on January 31 means the agency "believes the immediate humanitarian emergency has subsided", according to NPR .

Officer Drake Madison of the Los Angeles Police Department said that two 15-year-old students had been shot. A 15-year-old girl was also struck in the wrist.

They added: "Sal Castro Middle School is declared safe". Three others suffered minor injuries, Capt. Erik Scott with the Los Angeles Fire Department told the Los Angeles Times.

A student is consoled after a shooting Thursday at Salvador Castro Middle School near downtown Los Angeles.

"I fear for my son's life", she said.

Two students - a 15-year-old girl and a 15-year-old boy - were found with gunshot wounds and transported to local hospitals, according to authorities.

- KTLA (@KTLA) February 1, 2018The scene at Sal Castro Middle School on campus Belmont High near DTLA.

"One of the main missions we will have is the issue of finding out how a young person had access to a weapon", Zipperman said.

In Los Angeles, students at middle and high schools are required to go through daily random searches for weapons.

Related News:



Most liked

Nintendo Switch has Already Outsold Wii U
The biggest change for the Switch versions of the Bayonetta games is the frame rate, with both games running at 60 fps. Metroid Prime 4 is one game a lot of fans are looking forward to seeing more of, even if it is just a trailer.

China accuses USA of 'Cold War mentality'
Iran's nuclear deal, reached with six world powers, lifted some global sanctions in exchange for curbs to its nuclear programme. During his campaign, Trump promised to expand and strengthen the United States' nuclear arsenal.

Mattis says U.S. has no evidence of Syrian use of sarin gas
Mattis told reporters at the Pentagon on Friday that the U.S.is looking for evidence to support the claims. That strike followed a deadly chemical weapons attack by Assad's government.

When is Wales v Scotland on TV? Where can I watch it?
Warren Gatland's men made a fast start and the Scots were like rabbits caught in the headlights as they buckled twice inside the opening 12 minutes.

Seriously Hurt After Ontario Crash Between Van And Bus
Simcoe County Paramedics confirmed to CP24 about a hour after the crash that eight people were transported to hospital. Highway 26 was closed in the area of the crash while OPP officers conducted their investigation.

After surgery, Eagles fan frets: Did I miss the Super Bowl?
Haley Parks got her wisdom teeth out the other day, and her parents recorded her as she was coming out of her anesthesia fog. The Eagles contacted Haley's family via Facebook on Friday evening, said her father, Bob Parks.

Microsoft ditches Windows 10 S in favor of a new 'S Mode'
Microsoft is switching its approach to Windows 10 S, its new version of Windows that's created to compete with Chrome OS. Office 2019 will ship in the second half of this year and you will be able to get previews of it in the second quarter.

Does Trump's nuclear plan increase the chance of conflict?
Low-yield nuclear weapons have a strength of less than 20 kilotons, about the same power as the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima. In the long term, the United States military will also develop a new nuclear-armed, sea-launched cruise missile.

Father of Victims Attack Disgraced Doctor During Court Hearing
Her father then stepped up and asked the judge if she would grant him "five minutes in a locked room with this demon". The introductory slide to Larry Nassar's presentation sent to Meridian Township police following a 2004 accusation.

Union Budget 2018: Railways prepares for major technology boost
The Railways will end the fiscal with an operating ratio of 96 per cent, a negligible improvement from last year's 96.5 per cent. The following development comes in the wake of Elphinstone Railway Station tragedy that claimed several lives.

Holocaust speech: Using term 'Polish death camp' could land you in prison
Soloch was scheduled to travel to Israel on February 4-7, with a planned visit at Israel's official Holocaust memorial Yad Vashem. Poles believe they are being defamed by being linked to German crimes of which they were one of the largest group of victims.

Surface Laptop price drops in USA with new Intel Core m3 model
The base model of Surface Book 2 earlier cost $1,499 (approximately Rs 96,200) and included 256GB of internal storage. The laptop runs Intel Core i7 processor, coupled with 16GB memory and 256GB/512GB/1TB storage.

Hundreds of workers trapped underground in South African gold mine

Speaker outraged by International Olympic Committee statement after CAS upholds Russian athletes' appeals

Arsenal attacker Mesut Ozil reportedly Signs New £350000-a-week Deal
The 29-year-old has been stellar this year in attacking midfield despite missing some time this season due to knee issues. After well over a year of speculation, we finally have confirmation that Mesut Ozil will stay at the club.